This is another favourite recipe from the Moro cookbook. We are often shocked by how few people will eat offal, but the waste of not eating the whole animal is anathema. This recipe is very quick and easy.
- Sliced liver (we had lambs liver) around 400g
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the liver into strips around 5cm long and 2cm wide.
- Season the flour with cumin, salt and pepper,
- Just before frying, dust the liver strips with the flour
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan until the butter starts to foam.
- Quickly, place strips of liver into the hot fat, and cook on each side until it is sealed: the outer layer should be browned, but the centre should still be pink and juicy.
Serve with mayonaise, or with chopped salad, or with a yoghurt and cumin dressing.