Here’s a recipe from a previous wholefoods co-op member. These are healthy, easy to make, and are ideal to have in kids lunchpacks too. Sprinkle a handful onto your dough before baking for a tasty topping to homemade bread as well. Quantities are entirely according to your own needs. This can be popped in the oven after you have finished cooking something else.
- Equal quantities of sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds
- Small handful of poppy seeds and linseed (go canny with the linseed, it is a bit of a laxative)
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl, so that all the seeds are coated in soy sauce. If you have a large batch of seeds, you may need more sauce.
- Spread the seeds on a large baking sheet and place in a cool oven, 160C, until the seeds are dry. This should take around 20 minutes
- Turn off the oven and leave until the seeds are cool
The seeds keep well in an airtight container.