A third Moro recipe. This, we had one night, quite late, after a friend came over with some very fresh mackerel. It was unbelievably good.
- 4 mackerel, gutted and split (butterflied)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 220c
- Butterfly the fish – from the belly side, split the fish open and cut on either side of the back-bone, and pull this away. Open out the fish and remove any obvious small bones.
- Take a pan that can accommodate all the fish, and place it on the stove top, cover the base with olive oil and then turn the heat high.
- When the oil is hot, put the mackerel in, season with salt and pepper and put the pan in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Put the mackerel onto serving plates, and sprinkle with garlic, paprika, parsley and serve with a quarter lemon.
We had new potatoes with this the first time, and bread and salad the second time.