These are spicy and delicious. My children like to make them.
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g muscovado sugar
- 50g butter
- 1/4 tsp mild fresh red chilli, or chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 75g dark chocolate, cut into small chips
- Stir the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, chilli and sugar.
- Rub in the butter to achieve a fine breadcrumb texture.
- Add the syrup and mix into a dough. Squeeze the mixture into a dough.
- Kneed in the chocolate chops
- Divide into 12 balls, and space evenly onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When they are out of the oven, lift them off the baking sheet onto a cooling rack as soon as possible.