Another attempt to find a way to drink the Buckfast. This was pleasant. I got it from the Buckfast website. I added more grapefruit juice than they suggested. The picture on the website looks a lovely juicy orange, whereas the real thing is a dark brown.
- 50ml Buckfast
- 50ml pink grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Soda water
- Put a lot of ice in a highball glass, pour over the ingredients in the order listed, stir and serve.
In the interests of investigation and fearless gastronomy, once upon a time we purchased a small bottle of Buckfast at the co-op in Broadford. It has been languishing in our kitchen ever since. Neither of us has developed a taste for it at all, but every now and again we try it out as an ingredient. It works as part of a cocktail.
- 25ml London dry gin
- 25ml Buckfast
- 25ml Campari
- 3 dashes of orange bitters
- Put about six cubes of ice in a mixing glass, and pour the ingredients over the ice.
- Stir for around 2 minutes, to chill the ingredients and dilute them with melted ice.
- Serve in a small glass over ice.