We had wet cyclists staying so I fed them lots of hot food, followed by pudding. I made a steamed plum pudding from the Pudding Club Book.
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 180g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp almond essence
- 2 tbsp soft plum jam (you can use stewed plums, or apricot jam instead)
- Grease a 1.7 litre pudding basin
- Cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy
- Add the beaten eggs a little at a time, with a little sifted flour
- Fold in the remaining flour and the almonds and almond essence
- Put the jam in the bottom of the pudding basin, and then add the pudding mixture
- Cover securely and steam for 2 hours.
- Turn out and serve hot with custard, or cream, or ice-cream.