Madhur Jaffrey’s book, Curry Easy, is the winner tonight. I am home alone, Mr B is in Inverness getting his van fixed. Rather worryingly, he just texted me to ask if our AutoAid car rescue thing is still valid.
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- a pinch of cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp whole brown mustard seeds
- 1 slice off a red onion, chopped, about 1 tsp or so
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaf
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper
- In a small omelette pan, around 15cm across, heat the oil. When it is hot, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Stir.
- When the seeds start to sizzle and pop, turn the heat down to medium, add the onion, give it a bit of a stir, and then add the tomatoes, cayenne and coriander leaf. Cook for another minute, until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the eggs, stir quickly to mix, and then put a lid over the pan and cook until the mixture is nearly set
- Fold the cooked omelette, and serve with a small salad and some toasted flatbread.