More in the baked potato series. I learned a few more things this week. Bigger is not better, it just causes trouble with the baking. A good size potato is 300g, more is a bother.
- 2 potatoes for baking: 600 to 700g
- 3 tbsp cream
- 60+g soft blue cheese
- 200g spinach
- 20g pecan or walnuts, lightly toasted
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 220C
- Rub the potatoes with oil and salt, and bake in the oven for around one hour.
- When they are done, remove them from the oven, scoop out the potato flesh, and return the skins to the oven with a little butter to crisp them up.
- Meanwhile, mash the potato with the rest of the butter, the cheese and milk, and a good grating of pepper. Pop the mash into the microwave on high for around 1 minute to melt things together a little
- Wilt the spinach in a pan for around 15 seconds, with a little salted water. Squeeze out the water and whisk into the mashed potato
- Return the mash into the potato skins and pip back into the oven until ready to serve – around 10 minutes. Sprinkle the toasted nuts onto the potatoes before serving
The second time I made this, I left out the spinach, and served them with kale tops as a side dish.