Another wonderfully easy and tasty recipe from the Levant. This recipe is from Ottolenghi’s book SIMPLE. Best recipe book I ever bought, possibly.
- 60ml olive oil (4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 1 spring cabbage (the pointy kind) cut lengthways into 8ths.
- 5g tarragon leaves, or 3 tsp dried tarragon
- 20g pecorino cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, a good pinch of salt and a good grate of black pepper. Put 1 tbsp of this mixture in a separate bowl.
- Put the cabbage in a large bowl, season with a pinch of salt, and pour the oil mixture over the cabbages, tossing well to coat.
- Arrange the cabbage in a roasting dish, and roast for 15 minutes, until the edges are getting crispy. Remove from the oven to set aside and cool a little.
- Add the lemon juice to the reserve tbsp of oil. Add the tarragon.
- Put the cabbage on a platter, drizzle over the oil, then add shavings of pecorino cheese and a good grating of black pepper.