This year has been a good year for me growing beetroot and carrots, so I made this salad. I think you could also add other root vegetables, for example celeriac. I also thought about adding pumpkin seeds for a bit of crunch.
- Around 600g of root vegetables, for example carrots and beetroot
- 1 red onion or 2 shallots
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- mixture of chopped herbs – parsley, mint, coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel and grate the vegetables on a coarse setting, and mix in a bowl
- Finely chop the onion, and mix them with the grated vegetables
- Toast the cumin seeds for about a minute and add to the vegetables
- Chop the herbs and add them to the vegetables
- Mix the salt, olive oil, lemon juice and pour over the vegetables. Let the mixture sit for around half an hour before serving.
This is good with a sharp cheese.