- 30 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 15 g curry powder
- 950 ml vegetable broth such as marigold
- 900g cooked pumpkin
- 355 ml single cream
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 10 g sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cut thepumpkin into wedges, remove seeds and then bake, skin side down, for approx 1 hour. Allow to cool then remove skin and mash pumpkin flesh.
- Arrange pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until seeds begin to brown (I cheated and used prepared pumpkin seeds, because I hate shelling them.)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, then stir in flour and curry powder until smooth. Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to bubble.
- Gradually whisk in the broth, and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the cooked pumpkin and cream. Season with soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Garnish each serving with roasted pumpkin seeds.