This is a recipe from Madhur Jaffrey that works well with a busy schedule. The meal can be prepared ahead of time, and just popped into the oven to cook it. It goes well with plain basmati rice and a salad.
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika (Hungarian, sweet)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp grated ginger root
- 3 tbsp full fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 level tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- approx 650g skinned chicken pieces. Ensure that there are some deep incisions in the flesh
- Mix all of the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl.
- Rub the marinade into the chicken, including into the incisions.
- Put the chicken pieces in a single layer on a bit of tin foil, and then fold the sides, top and bottom of the foil over the chicken to make a sealed packet. Leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Put the whole packet in the oven, and bake for 45 minutes. You can try opening the packet to turn the chicken half way through, but I find it makes little difference.