This is one of my favourite dishes, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t already shared it. It is very simple to make, and delicious. Clair, this is for you.
- 300g broad beans, podded (you can use frozen beans)
- 300g chard, rinsed and sliced
- 100g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp chopped dill leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Separate and wash the chard leaves and stems, and slice them crosswise at 2cm intervals.
- Heat the butter in a large pan, medium heat, and melt the butter. As it begins to froth, add the onion, sauté for a minute and then add the beans. After another minute, add the chard and dill. Stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the salt and around 50ml water, bring to a simmer, and then cover and cook over a low heat for around 15 minutes.