There are so many fresh vegetables in the garden it is hard to keep up. Tonight I made a light stir-fry of home grown vegetables. It is good hot or cold.
- 1 small cabbage, cored, quartered, and sliced into ribbons around 1.5 cm wide.
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, cut on the slant and each slice cut into thin strips
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3 cm lengths, which are then cut lengthways into thin strips
- 3 tbsp light vegetable oil
- 2 slices of fresh ginger, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- Heat the oil in a wok, and then add the ginger, stir it about and then add all of the vegetables. Stir them round and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sherry, cover and cook for another 3 minutes
- For the last minute, uncover and boil of some of the liquid before serving. Remove the slices of ginger as well.
Super tasty as part of a larger meal.