We always have some lamb left after we have roast lamb, but it is never as good the next day. This was very good, I found it on the internet when I was looking for something else, never found it again.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 large sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Chopped left-over lamb – enough to fill a 1 pint jug.
- 200g brown rice
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- finely diced streaky bacon, or salt pork, or pancetta, or lardons or similar
- Boil the rice in a big pan of water for 15 minutes, drain and set aside. It should be slightly underdone.
- In a large pan, fry the bacon, onions, celery and carrots for at least five minutes
- Add the lamb and rice, stir together and then add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, paprika, and worcestershire sauce.
- Bake in a low oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a green vegetable, such as broccoli.