We had some bits of chicken in the freezer, all boned, and I made this from ‘Curry Easy’ which has to be one of my favourite recipe books.
Ingredients for marinade:
- 500g boned skinned chicken pieces, cut into 2cm slices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Put all the ingredients in a sealed plastic box overnight (or minimum 30 mins if you forgot) in the fridge. Give the box the occasional shake to keep things all mixed together.
Ingredients for cooking:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g chopped onion (about 1/2 an onion)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Use a wok, karhai or large frying pan. Heat the oil over medium/high heat, then add the chopped onions and stir-fry for a minute
- Add the marinade and the chicken, and stir-fry for 3 minutes
- Add the mint, stir through, then take off the heat and serve with rice.