This is another recipe from the fantastic Organic Meat cookbook, from Frances Bissell. The accompanying mashed potatoes with pears is a real discovery, absolutely delicious.
- 4 pork loin chops
- 30g plain flour, seasoned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can chopped organic tomatoes
- 140ml marigold stock
- 140ml dry white wine or dry cider
- Salt, pepper
- chopped parsley
- Trim the fat from the chops, dust lightly with flour, and fry the chops in the oil in a large frying pan. Transfer them to a shallow casserole dish.
- Fry the onion until golden brown, and add to the pork
- Pour the tinned tomatoes over the meat. Deglaze the frying pan by pouring the wine and stock into it, and then add that to the casserole as well.
- Season the casserole with salt and pepper, and cover. Bake in the oven at 220C for 30 minutes, and then 180C for 45 minutes. Take the lid off the casserole for the last 15 minutes.
- Serve with a scattering of chopped parsley, your favourite seasonal vegetable, and mashed pear/potato.