I made this for this weekend, delicious. As well as the delicious mince from Dr L, I used some left-over bacon as well as some lardons that we had in the freezer.
- 225g bacon
- 225g beef mince
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 75 g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- up to 150mg stock.
- Chop the bacon, onion and garlic and mix with the mince
- Put the mixture through a mincer.
- Mix in the oats, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the egg, and up to 150ml of beef stock, to make a firm paste.
- Leave to settle in the fridge until needed.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Grease a loaf tin, and press the mixture in. Cover with foil.
- Put the tin into a roasting dish, and fill with hot water.
- Put the dish into the oven and bake for 2 hours.
- Turn the roll out into a serving dish. Be careful: there will be some delicious liquor, so do not turn out onto a chopping board or there will be a mess.
- Slice and serve with mashed potatoes, fried onions and vegetables.
This is also delicious cold.