These are fantastic with goat’s cheese and a little sliver of dried fig.
- 225g wholewheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Mix the flour and salt, and rub in the butter – fine breadcrumb texture
- Mix in the honey to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out thinly on a floured board, and cut into rounds with a 5cm cutter.
- Bake at 150C for 20 minutes.
This is a lovely and easy cocktail. Sorry for skipping the cocktail recipe last weekend; I was working.
- 20ml heather honey syrup (see below for directions)
- 50ml Harris Gin
- 15ml lemon juice
- 1 cocktail shaker with ice
- Melt heather honey in water – make a 50/50 mix, and slowly heat and stir until the honey is dissolved. Chill the mixture.
- Put a good deal of ice in the cocktail shaker, and put your glass in the fridge to chill.
- Measure the gin, lemon juice and honey syrup into the shaker and shake the living whatnots out of it for a couple of minutes, so that the mixture is ice cold and looks smooth and opaque.
- Serve in a cold cold glass. It is quite strong so be careful.