I got some free range eggs from Linda, and then Kenny bought me some too – all wonderful, but that was a lot of eggs. So I made this. It is from the Moro cookbook, by Sam and Sam Clark .
- 500g mushrooms (a mixture, could include chanterelles, other wild mushrooms)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 25 butter
- 6 eggs, broken into a bowl. Do not beat the eggs.
- 3 tbsp milk
- 40g serrano ham, cut into small strips
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them roughly.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the chopped garlic, and fry for only a minute, then add the mushrooms. It will look like you have too many mushrooms, but don’t worry, all will be fine. Fry for around 5 minutes or so, stirring, so that the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the ham, salt and pepper, cook for another minute, and then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and then add the eggs and mil. Stir the eggs with a fork or wooden spoon so that the eggs break up a bit.
- When they begin to set, return the mushrooms to the pan, along with the chopped parsley, and continue to cook until any eggwhite has set.
Serve with fresh bread.