I saw this dish being served on Stanley Tucci’s fantastic series on Italian food. I’ve been trying to recreate it, and it is easy and delicious.
It is well worth watching both series of this program, the joy of good food shines through, from the program makers, the food producers to the presenters. The Ligurian program is the episode which inspired this recipe.
- One wild rabbit, jointed into 6 pieces
- 60ml olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- Approx 40g stoned green olives
- 1 tsp dried thyme, or a sprig of thyme (you could also use rosemary)
- 200ml medium dry white wine, or 50/50 wine and chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Put all of the ingredients except the olives, stock and seasoning into a plastic box with a lid, and marinade the rabbit overnight.
- The next day, put all of the ingredients including the olives, stock and seasoning, into a casserole dish.
- Cook in the oven at 170C for an hour and a half, or until the rabbit is tender
I served this with grilled bulb fennel and a few small potatoes