Eating locally caught prawns, delicious.
- 200g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 40g butter
- 200g risotto rice
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 500 ml stock, simmering
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onion very slowly in half of the butter, until it is soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice and continue to cook until the rice is glossy and hot.
- Pour in the wine and heat until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the stock slowly, allowing the rice to absorb each ladleful before adding the next one.
- When the rice is almost cooked, about 15 minutes in, add the prawns, and continue to cook, adding the stock as before.
- When the rice is cooked, but still a little firm to the bite, remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the remaining butter, parsley, parmesan and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve after a couple of minutes, in warmed bowls.