I’ve been eating a lot of salad this summer, this is a good one to serve with some of the other dishes that I’ve posted this year. It is from Nightingales and Roses by Maryann Sinaiee. I have adapted it a bit, because we don’t get a lot of pomegranates on South Uist, but you can add these for an extra burst of colour and flavour.
- Half a long cucumber
- About the same weight in cherry tomatoes
- About the same weight in spring onions
- A couple of sprigs of fresh mint
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the cucumber and dice
- Cut the tomatoes into 8 (half, half and half again)
- Chop the spring onions into small circles
- Chop the mint finely
- Mix the chopped ingredients.
- Just before serving, mix in the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.