This feeds about eight people, or six very hungry teenagers.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 450g lamb mince
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 450g macaroni
- 250g ricotta
- 75g parmesan
- 50ml cream
- 2-3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, and very gently fry the onion for around ten minutes. Towards the end of the cooking, add the chopped garlic.
- Add the lamb mince, and turn the heat up to medium. Stir it into the hot oil to brown it, around 5 minutes. Add the oregano and cinnamon as you cook the mince
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the stock cube, stir and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes, then take the lid off and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
- Next, cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the pack.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and eggs. Stir in 50g of grated parmesan. Stir in the cooked macaroni
- Pour the mince into a large lasagne dish, and then top this with the macaroni. Sprinkle the top with around 25g grated parmesan. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
I served this with a green salad. It is good the next day served at room temperature.