I’m struggling to keep up with garden produce, so I adapted this recipe that I found on-line, and experimented with different combinations. I’m sure you could swap around the vegetables to include what is in season, such as celeriac, bulb fennel, etcetera, anything that does well as a roast vegetable.
- 500g jointed chicken
- 300g potatoes, peeled and in small chunks
- 300g carrots, peeled and in batons (whole if baby carrots)
- 1 tbsp harissa (I used rose harissa)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200g string beans, top and tail, cut in half (or an alternate vegetable, depending on availability and taste)
- salt and pepper
- roughly chopped mint and/or parsley
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Coat the chicken in the harissa, and put this in a roasting dish with the potatoes, carrots, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add the white wine.
- Roast the chicken mixture for 30 minutes. Add the beans, and cook for another 20 minutes
- Mix in the lemon zest and garnish with the roughly chopped herbs.