This is another recipe sent in by Libby Patterson. On this occasion she has adapted a Jamie Oliver recipe to turn it into a dairy free version, with reduced fat. She says the secret is to use a really heavy-based tray.
- 250g dairy free margerine
- 125g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 125g cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Grease a 22cm baking tray.
- Cream the butter & sugar together with a whisk or wooden spoon until pale, light & fluffy.
- Add the plain flour and cornflour. Mix very lightly with a wooden spoon and then your hands until you have a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and roll out until it’s an even 2cm thick all over.
- Place the rolled out dough on your tray or tin, poking into the corners with your fingers. Prick the dough all over with a fork then cook for 50 minutes until lightly golden.
- While it is still warm, sprinkle with a generous dusting of caster sugar. Allow the shortbread to cool slightly then cut into 12 chunky finger sized pieces.