A big hit at the recent coffee morning. I think the helpers had quite a few.
- 175g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 75g butter
- 75g grated cheese, mixture of cheddar and parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsp milk
- Sieve the flour, cayenne pepper and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter, then stir in the grated cheese.
- Mix the mustard, egg yolk and water together.
- Make a stiff dough by adding the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Roll out to about 1cm thick, and then cut into fingers, about 1cm by 5cm.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray, and bake at 220C for 12 minutes.
- Lift onto a wire rack to cool.