I love fennel, especially with fish dishes. This method is truly delicious and very easy. I found it in Honey from a Weed by Patience Gray. I left out the tomatoes that she suggested, because I didn’t have any. She suggests a specific type of tomato that I have never seen here.
- Fennel bulbs: allow one large bulb for two servings
- Parmesan cheese
- Slice each fennel bulb into quarters vertically, and cook for five minutes in salted boiling water.
- Drain the fennel well, and then braise in a heavy pan in the butter for around 15 minutes.
- During the cooking process, sprinkle the fennel with the parmesan cheese, turning the pieces so that the cheese coats the fennel. Continue to cook, so that the fennel is lightly browned.
- If you have some pomodori appesi, (baby tomatoes stored on the vine) – you can add these to the dish at the end.