These biscuits are very easy to make.
- 100g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 125g self-raising flour, sifted
- flaked almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Work in the flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, around 16 altogether
- Place the balls of mixture on a greased baking sheet, at least 5cm apart. Flatten the balls slightly
- In the centre of each biscuit, put a couple of flaked almonds, and brush each biscuit with beaten egg.
- Bake at 190C for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, lift the biscuits off the baking sheet onto a cooling rack.