I got this recipe out of ‘how to cook’ book 2 by Delia Smith. Word of warning – takes a little longer than I anticipated.
- 1 head of celery, trimmed and cut into 5cm batons
- 25g butter
- 75g carrots, cut to match the bits of celery
- 1/2 large onion, finely sliced
- 200ml marigold stock
- Salt, pepper, chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a pan, and cook the onion over a medium to high heat, until golden
- Add the carrots and celery, and cook for another 5 minutes, until beginning to brown
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for around 15 minutes
- Take the lid off and boil the juices down to a reduced and thickish stock.
- Serve with the juices poured over the celery and garnished with chopped parsley
I served this with Roman Beef Stew.