This is a quick recipe from Elizabeth David’s ‘Italian Food’. This is a classic recipe book, lots of recipes, along with descriptions of context and history of individual dishes. It was first published in Britain in 1954.
I had some ham that I purchased from the reduced section in the co-op, and it was a work night tonight, so something quick and easy was required.
- 50g tagliatelle per person
- 50g cooked ham per person, cut into strips
- 25g freshly grated parmesan per person
- Black pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for around 8 minutes, or until done.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and cook the ham for around 3 minutes, until warm through.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add all of the butter and ham and half of the parmesan, stir together and serve with the rest of the parmesan and black pepper for seasoning.