Trust me: this is good.
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 250g tagliatelle
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, put in the tagliatelle, and cook for 8 minutes.
- While the tagliatelle is cooking, fry the onion and carrot in the olive oil or butter until cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, tarragon, salt and pepper and parmesan in a bowl.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it, and stir in the carrots, onions and egg mixture, and stir until the sauce is hot but still creamy; do not try to get the egg set, that is not the point
- Serve quickly, while still good and hot, with pepper and more parmesan, to taste.