Submitted by Fiona Ballantyne. This recipe is adapted from a recipe in a book called ‘Scones, muffins and teacakes’ by Murdoch books and works very well.
- 90g butter or margarine
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 fresh eggs (large)
- 200g self raising flour, sifted
- 60ml orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 60ml lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 75g chopped pecans
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Stir in the flour alternately with the fruit juices.
- Stir in the nuts
- (This also works well by combining all the ingredients together in the food mixer – apart from the nuts, stir them in at the end.)
- Spread into a greased 2 lb loaf tin.
- Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes.Turn out and cool on a wire rack.