This is a quick recipe involving some of the new peas and young herbs from the garden. It was quick and delicious. I had some spaghettini, which is like spaghetti but thinner and faster to cook, you could use spaghetti which is thicker, or capellini which is finer. I was cooking for myself only, so I scaled the recipe appropriately. You can scale it up as required.
- Around 75g mangetout
- around 75g pasta
- around 20g butter
- 4 tbsp chopped herbs, a mixture of parsley, basil and chives, or chive flowers
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- parmesan to taste
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile prepare the peas; remove any stringy bits and cut to your preferred size, and put into a steamer, ready to cook.
- Mix the crushed garlic, a grate of salt, butter and herbs together in a small warm bowl.
- Put the spaghettini in the sauce pan, put the peas over the top in the steamer, and cook until the spaghettini is just about cooked. Drain the pasta when it is ready, and return to the hot pan.
- Mix the butter and herbs into the pasta, then mix in the peas
- Serve with a dredging of grated parmesan and black pepper to taste.