Good for when you have bought the cheap veg in the co-op, and you don’t want a salad after all.
- 2 onions, chopped small
- 2 carrots, chopped small
- 25g butter
- 1 iceberg lettuce (or similar)
- 1 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 sprigs of parsley
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 litre of stock
- salt and pepper
- 50ml cream
- Gently cook the onions and carrots in the butter until soft.
- Turn up the heat and add the lettuce, ginger and parsley until they wilt, and then add the flour, stirring well.
- Pour in the stock, and simmer for five minutes or so, until it starts to thicken.
- Puree the soup, and then pour it through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat the soup, and serve with the cream swirled through, and with croutons.