I made this last night. We ate quite a lot of it today. It is very rich and most delicious. If you don’t have ratafia biscuits, you could use amaretti, or any other small almond biscuit.
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g plain chocolate
- 125g ratafia or amaretti biscuits
- 150ml milk
- cream the butter and the sugar together
- beat the milk and egg-yolk together
- melt the chocolate with a spoonful of water
- Stir the melted chocolate into the mil mixture, and then beat this into the creamed butter and sugar.
- In ramekins, put a layer of the chocolate mixture, then a biscuit and a teaspoon of brandy, and then another layer of chocolate.
- Allow to set; store in the fridge.
The number of dishes is dependent on the size and number of ramekins – this is so rich that the smallest ramekins work the best.