This is Gemma Patterson’s adaptation from the dairy free cookbook
- 170g of plain flour or rice flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 140g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Mixed Spice
- 2 large Free Range eggs
- 300ml apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100g dairy free margarine
- Sieve and then mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs, apple juice, vanilla extract and margarine together until frothy.
- Blend into the flour mixture.
- Spoon into paper cases and bake at 200 oC for 15-20 minutes until well risen and spongy to touch.
Serve warm or cold.