Another recipe for sausages, this is very tasty and it can be augmented by adding other ingredients, such as lightly fried liver or kidneys.
- 450g sausages
- cooking fat or vegetable oil
- 150g mushrooms
- 1 scant tbsp flour
- 300ml beef stock
- 100ml red wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Fry the sausages in a little oil for up to 20 minutes until they are cooked, and then set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms coarsely, and add them to the pan and fry gently for 3 minutes or so.
- Stir in the flour and cook for another minute or two
- Add the stock, wine and tomato puree, bring to the boil and then simmer for around 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Pour the sauce into a warm serving dish, add the sausages, any other ingredients as required, and garnish with chopped parsley.
This is good with mashed potatoes, or potato scones.