I’m home alone this week, Mr Bolton is checking up on family members in the south, sleeping in his van and stocking up on essentials. I have a lot of eggs, and a lot of potatoes, so frittata was inevitable. I also had a box of Salar off-cuts from a local supermarket, so I made this. I had half last night and half tonight.
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked with the skins on and cooled. (left-over potatoes are the best)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- black pepper
- flaky smoked salmon
- Olive oil
- Garnish – choose from chive flowers, chopped parsley, or dukkha spice mix
- Heat the grill
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices, and fry in the olive oil until crisp and golden brown on both sides
- Season the eggs with the pepper, and pour over the potatoes, and scatter the salmon and garnish over the top. Stir a little to allow raw egg to the bottom of the pan.
- When it is nearly cooked, pop it under the grill so that the top begins to set.
That is all – ready to eat.