The last celeriac from the garden, I sewed some more seed for next winter/spring. I roasted it with orange juice and carrots. It was really good. The seeds are tiny, for such a robust vegetable.
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks about 1 by 1 by 2 centimetres
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, split lengthways and cut into chunks about 2 centimetres long
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 10 cloves of garlic
- Grated rind and juice of one large orange
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp grated black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh dill to garnish.
- Set the oven to 180C
- In a large roasting dish, put all the ingredients except the dill, and stir to mix
- Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the cooking.
- Mix in the chopped dill before serving.