A middle-eastern dish that is very much more delicious than you might suspect.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeped and diced
- 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
- 225g green cabbage, cut into 1.2 cm squares
- 50g chopped dill leaves
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt, or more, to taste
- Black pepper
- Put the chickpeas, onion and 850ml water into a large pot, and bring to a simmer, and cook for an hour.
- Add the potato, tomato, cabbage, dill, tomato paste, salt and another 100ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and turn the heat to very low, simmer until the potato is cooked.
- Add the black pepper to taste, adjust the seasoning, and serve.