This is another classic from my old recipe book.
- 500g chard
- 6 eggs
- ground black pepper
- 75g parmesan or similar hard cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the chard and chop roughly
- Beat the eggs and season, and beat in the cheese
- Heat the oil and add the chard, cook until it has wilted
- Add the eggs, reduce the heat and cook. When the bottom of the fritata is done, put the whole pan under a grill until the top is done.
An annotation in the book: ‘This is supposed to serve two or three people, but I can finish it in one go if I am very hungry.’