This is good with sausage and game stew.
- 1 large celeriac, approx 1 lb
- Equal weight of potatoes
- 150ml milk
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the celeriac, and boil until tender
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the potato, and boil in a separate pan until cooked
- Warm the milk, butter, salt and pepper until the butter has melted
- Purée the celeriac with the milk and butter
- Add the purée to the cooked potato and mash with a potato masher (don’t try to purée the potato)
I’ve seen similar recipes elsewhere, using cream or créme fraiche, which I am sure would be delicious as well.