I bought a mixed pack of grapes, and ended up with about half a pound of black grapes with a strange texture. Instead of ignoring them until we could throw them away, I made jam. I made it this way
- 200g black grapes
- 200g jam sugar
- 1 lemon
- Put the grapes in a saucepan with half the lemon juice and put onto a low heat, and simmer until the grapes are soft
- Put the fruit through a sieve to remove the skins and pips
- Return the fruit to the pan with the rest of the lemon juice and the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer until setting point is reached. I use a combination of a jam thermometer and the flake test to check for the setting point. For the flake test, I lift the stirring spoon out of the jam and see if the drips run together and partially set along the edge of the spoon.
- Pour into a warm clean jar (this made only 1 jar of jam)