First recipe of the new site.
I had a lonely sweet potato and I made this soup. It was lovely and creamy, and I think it could be adapted to include a variety of versions.
- 1 Sweet potato
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomato
- 900ml stock
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Peel and chop the sweet potato boil for around 20 minutes until soft.
- In the meantime, fry the chopped onion, carrot and celery in the vegetable oil over a low heat for around 10 minutes, until softened
- Add the chopped tomato to the chopped onion mixture, and continue to cook for a further five minutes
- Add the stock and the cooked potato, and blend with a soup wand, until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt, pepper, tabasco before serving.
- Non-vegan? Use a beef stock
- Try adding peppers to the mix at the start
- Consider serving a spicy version of the soup with sour cream