For the person who left us some apples.
We came home to find a line of cooking apples marching across the kitchen table. Tonight we had apple and pecan pudding.
- 1 lb cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped small
- 2 oz organic pecan nuts or walnuts, chopped
- 4 oz organic dates, stoned and chopped
- 4 oz self-raising flour, organic/wholemeal for preference
- 4 oz fairtrade soft brown sugar
- 1 oz melted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Mix the flour with the chopped fruit and nuts, then add all the other ingredients and stir well
- The mixture should be scraped into a greased 8 inch square baking dish, and baked for half an hour
We had this served with cream. The pudding had a wonderful mixture of flavours and textures.