This made a real mess of the grill but it was sensational. Recipe from Nigel Slater’s Kitchen Diaries. I love the way he is really showing us good ways to eat, rather than fancy ways to cook.
- 2 large pork chops or steaks
- 50g blue cheese
- 50g butter
- 50ml single cream
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- a sprinkling of salt
- Mash the cheese, butter, cream, mustard, thyme and black pepper together, and put in the fridge to chill a little.
- Sprinkle the chops with a little salt, and grill under a hot hot grill, until just beginning to colour on each side, and the chops are just cooked through, about 7-10 minutes on each side
- Put a slice of the blue cheese/butter mixture over the chops and return briefly to the grill, until the blue cheese melts onto the chops. Leave it too long and the mixture drips into the grill pan and makes a mess.
I served this with new potatoes, courgettes in a lemon and olive oil dressing, and some braised fennel.