Noms. I made this because I had the ingredients. It turned out very tasty and set well. The recipe is from Marguerite Patten’s book ’500 recipes for jams, pickles and chutneys’ price 2 shillings and sixpence. I thought it would be out of print, but NO it is really available on Amazon, newer edition than mine though.
- 1 lb dried figs
- 2 lb chopped rhubarb
- 1 pint of water
- 3 lb sugar
- Juice of 2 limes or 1 lemon
- Soak the figs in the water for 48 hours, then simmer until soft
- Add the rhubarb, and cook to form a thick pulp
- Add the sugar and lime juice, simmer until the sugar is dissolved
- Boil hard to setting point
- Then put it in jars.