Cod Creole: I sniggered. Recipe adapted from The Microwave Kitchen Handbook. I picked this because we had some locally caught cod.
- 500g cod, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 15ml lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp creole spice mix from Seasoned Pioneers
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Put the cod in a plastic fridge container with a lid, and add the salt and pepper, lime juice and creole spice mixture, and store in the fridge until needed.
- In an oven-proof bowl, put the olive oil, garlic, onion and pepper, cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Add the cod and chopped tomatoes, and microwave for another 8 to 10 minutes, stirring twice, until the fish is cooked, and flakes easily.
We served this with rice.