This is very similar to a classic Champagne cocktail. Put a sugar cube in the bottom of a chilled champagne glass, and add a couple of dashes of Angostura bitters. Then add a tablespoonful of creme de cassis, and 150ml chilled champagne.
Lockdown holiday – I work in healthcare, so I have been out at work most days, but now I have a week off. I’m planning on lots of things, including using my exercise hour to clear litter from the verges around and about. I am also going to be trying out some cocktail recipes. This cocktail is delicious.
- 1 sugar cube, or a level teaspoon of caster sugar
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 150ml Champagne
- A twist of lemon peel
- Put the sugar into the bottom of a chilled champagne glass and add the bitters. Let the bitters soak into the sugar
- Pour in the champagne carefully; it will fizz up a lot
- Run the lemon peel around the rim of the glass and then drop it in.